Rodent mice rat treatment is considered to be a serious problem in many commercial and residential homes as they can spread a wider array of diseases and contaminate food either directly or by coming into contact with food preparation areas. Both rats and mice breed quickly and prolifically can cause serious damage to your home or workplace with their seemingly nonstop gnawing and burrow, such as:
- Chewing through the walls, floors, and insulation
- Causing fires by gnawing on electrical wires
- Undermining retaining walls by burrowing
While rats tend to cause greater property damage than mice due to their larger size and greater strength, both cause millions of dollars in property damage annually in Australia and their droppings can also trigger respiratory infections, most notably, asthma in children.
Signs of Rodent Infestations
The signs of rat and mice infestations aren’t always obvious, though signs to look out for include:
- Droppings – Rat droppings are up to 12mm long and mice droppings 3 – 6mm in length.
- Sounds – Mice can often be heard squeaking and rats gnawing, usually during the night.
- Nests – Both make nests in warm environments, often with paper, rags, and cardboard.
If you notice any of these signs of rodent infestations, don’t hesitate to call Masterkill Specialist Pest Control.